Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reflective Learning

This week in First Steps Into Teaching and Learning we are examining reflective learning.  As I was reading and reflecting, I was drawn to Brookfield's reflective lens one; autobiographical experiences in learning. My understanding of this "lens" is that we must understand ourselves and our learning experiences because they influence our behaviors as a teacher either positively or negatively. To understand myself as a learner, I need to reflect on my own personal journey; where I came from, where I am at currently and where I would like to be. The importance I place on learning overshadows my entire life...to learn is to live a life of abundance. I have been in "the school of life" over 50 years and look at each day as a new learning adventure. I believe formal learning is only part of the bigger picture.  I also believe that I am in charge of my own learning and development;  I love to challenge myself by engaging in meaningful learning. This is one of the reasons I was drawn to this MOOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment